Friday, February 28, 2014

SOLD

We have officially accepted an offer on our house! SIDE NOTE: I've had extreme writers block for a couple of days now, thats why its taking so long to write this and i still have it so please excuse my sporadic writing. 

With the closing date 1 month away (April 1st) I've been having mixed emotions! We were anxious to sell so Jay could start school (something about not wanting to give somebody an 80k loan when they are already in 200k for a house) but now as I sit here and pack my very first box I'm sad. Well sad and excited. Well let's be honest I have no clue what I'm feeling. It's weird and crazy. 

--------------------------------------------

So I wrote that above paragraph yesterday. I got 5 boxes from my kitchen packed. I left all the things we use on a daily/weekly basis. It's amazing how many things 1 family needs, or really doesn't need. I have a huge D.I. Pile. 

Anyways. Things have kind of fallen into place perfectly and surprisingly our "for sale by owner" sign came through. The real miracle is that the buyers also don't have a realtor, which equals more money in everyone's pocket ($7k to be exact) and who doesn't like more money? The most real miracle is that we no longer have to live with my parents (sorry mom ((as if she wanted me anyways)). The buyers are currently living and managing apartments up by the Dee Event center. So naturally when they move out of there and into the house those apartments will need new managers, and that will be us! This really couldn't have worked out any better, even if I planned it myself. I guess that's how you know your on the right path of life eh? Everything just kinda feels like it was meant to be. 

I also couldn't ask for better buyers. When the house was still on the market, and I had multiple interests coming through you just know when you see somebody that they aren't the people for this house DISCLAIMER: that has no relation to race or my judgment of there social standings. However, the minute this awesome pregnant lady knocked on my door (Thursday) commenting on the sign, and asking about the house, I could just feel some good things coming from this. They walked through it the next day, twice, and had an offer to us by Monday. Which was the perfect offer, we didn't even hesitate to accept it! 

And now as I lay here on my bed looking out my window with plantation shutters longingly wishing I could bring them with me, I'm filled with regret. Just kidding. I'm filled with thoughts about what I want in our next house, where I want to go when we get to travel for free, and how many Pinterest projects I now get to try to spruce up my new apartment. Optimism at it's finest, wouldn't you say? 



This is in a corner of our garage. We etched it in right after they poured the cement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment